Left Alliance’s goals in Vantaa in a nutshell
We build a better Vantaa for all, not just the few!
The COVID-19 has hit many citizens of Vantaa hard. We need solutions to quickly minimize the harmful effects of the coronavirus. Instead of cutting costs we have to invest in the equality, health and wellbeing of the people in Vantaa.
The pandemic has created problems to solve. Gaps in wellbeing must be breached and the learning differences narrowed. We have to find new opportunities for those, who have lost their jobs and income. Vantaa must create a crisis recovery strategy that focuses especially on children, the youth and the elderly.
Vantaa Left Alliance’s goals:
- Good and well-functioning social and healthcare services for all
- Social and healthcare services are high-quality and easily accessible.
- Everyone in Vantaa has the right to high-quality and timely care.
- The health centre fees are abolished.
- The problems in social services, especially in child protection and in the services for the elderly and the disabled, are investigated and solved.
- High-quality and safe day-care and schools for all
- The children have schools nearby and the commutes are short. We adhere by the local school policy.
- The group sizes are reasonable.
- We have at least as many lessons and opportunities to elect subjects as in other municipalities in the Greater Helsinki area.
- Schools have enough resources to prevent and intervene in bullying and school violence.
- We prevent dropping out of school with timely support and help the dropouts back into school.
- A reasonably priced homes and pleasant neighbourhoods for all
- Everyone in Vantaa has the right to a home and a comfortable and safe living environment.
- Inequality between neighbourhoods is prevented, and the city is developed equally on the terms of the citizens’ well-being and needs.
- The city forests and nearby nature are cherished, and they are accessible to all.
- Functioning and inexpensive public transportation for all
- The public transportation works well and is inexpensive, accessible and its emissions are low.
- Different forms of mobility are developed equally. Cycling and walking are also good for the health, and they reduce the environmental load created by traffic.
- Building a tram system is important for the development of the whole of Vantaa and especially East Vantaa. Its costs must not weaken the city’s services. The citizens must be heard, for example, when planning stops and street areas.
- Environment- and climate-smart city for all
- Environmental liability is considered in all operations of the city and its businesses as well as in all procurements and decision making.
- Vantaa will be carbon-neutral by 2030.
- Culture, libraries and sports for all
- Libraries and youth facilities are neighbourhood services, and they are open also in the evenings and weekends.
- Vantaa offers free and accessible opportunities to do sports and get involved in cultural hobbies.
- A good employer and a responsible partner for all
- Vantaa is a great employer that values its employees and takes good care of them.
- Vantaa and the companies providing services for it are forerunners in equality in working life as well as in wellbeing at work.
- The city’s services are mainly provided by the city itself. Unnecessary corporations and city-owned companies must be dismantled.
- Real participation and local democracy for all.
- The people of Vantaa have a say in the development of their own living environment. Participatory budgeting and local democracy are strengthened by making the local development committees into local boards that are given real power in the local matters.
Join us in building a good city for all!